Darwin Webster is a Senior Consultant with Lean East who has implemented improvements in challenging environments throughout a distinguished thirty-year military and civilian career. As a Captain in the US Navy, Darwin planned the US Navy response following the catastrophic tsunami that struck Japan in 2011. He also served as the Operations Director for the Combined Joint Task Force in Africa; leading a staff of 250 and planning and directing mission assignments for 6,000 personnel. Darwin has administered database systems, analyzed improvement data, led implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (including upgrading equipment and software) and managed a team of Nuclear Engineers in his Naval service.
Darwin is certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB) and has several IT engineering certifications. Darwin graduated near the top of his class at the US Naval Academy with a BS in Mathematics and Computer Science and has also earned a BA from the University of Maryland.
Testimonials about Darwin:
- “Darwin’s work continues to be of the highest quality and completed on time. He continues to initiate process improvements, using his Lean/Six-sigma knowledge and experience to facilitate timely solutions and enabling quick implementation… Darwin’s knowledge of Lean/Six-sigma continues to be his area of strength. He proactively looks to understand the underpinnings of a process and then helps others to develop/utilize the process.”
- “Mr. Webster demonstrated exceptional proactive professionalism… [His] efforts were paramount to the timely authorization of design and keeping design rework costs to a minimum.”
- “Both qualitatively and quantitatively, Mr. Webster provided invaluable support to the team…. our heartiest ‘Well Done’ for a superb job.”
- “As the Site Implementation Lead for the Enterprise Resource Planning program, Darwin was responsible for the completion of numerous short lead-time deliveries…and works closely with a myriad of customers… [Treats others] with dignity and respect… Well organized, Darwin prioritizes his work…. Very talented with data management techniques, to include electronic file management and data analysis software.”
- “I appreciate your commitment and dedication to duty. You are a true ‘change agent’ …leading the charge to make Lean thinking the way we think and act…”