Jim Milliken is a Senior Trainer with Lean East who leads both introductory and advanced workshops in project management, business communications and leadership. Jim began his career as a newspaper editor and has now been coaching and consulting to improve communications and productivity for over thirty years. His book, Life Is a Project: How Are You Managing? provides numerous low-impact and easily understood changes people can make to advance toward their goals.
Jim earned a BA in English from the College of the Holy Cross and is certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI). Jim has held faculty positions at the University of Southern Maine and the University of New Hampshire and led workshops for many other New England Colleges and Universities.
Sign-up for Jim’s Project Management Boot Camp one-day workshop.
Testimonials about Jim:
- “I have known Jim for around 10 years and have always felt that not only does he understand project management he connects with people. He a tremendous communicator in both written and word, conveying concepts and ideas with real world examples that make it easy to take in. I have a great deal of respect for Jim and what he brings to any engagement.”
- “Jim has a razor sharp mind and wit to match. As a University instructor teaching Project Management, Jim’s skills and abilities soar above the norm.”
- “I have known Jim for over six years through the PMI Maine Chapter. As one of its founding members, a Board Member and Project Maine Newsletter Editor, Jim has seen to it that the Chapter activities are publicized and communicated timely to membership. Jim also gives informative and interesting presentations, drawing upon decades of experience in project management and as a consultant. Jim is a pleasure to work with in any capacity.”
- “Jim has deep project management experience that goes beyond scope, budget, and schedule. His attention to the people skills required to execute projects place him at the top of his field. His unique background enables a clear understanding of complex issues associated with executing projects. He is adept at translating concepts into an effective approach for project success.”
- “Jim’s strongest talent is helping people learn how to become effective project manager’s and implementing effective project management systems within organizations.”