Lisa Westberg consults on healthcare improvement efforts that improve patient quality while reducing costs. She has a proven track record as an Operational Excellence executive, Certified Physician Development Coach, trainer, and project manager. She has directed significant process excellence transformations for clients in healthcare, manufacturing, and banking. Lisa involves employees at every level to stimulate the effectiveness of cross-functional teams, producing measurable results in the workplace.
Lisa received her degree in Biology at the University of Colorado and enjoyed a management career with Johnson & Johnson before moving to Maine. She was the Director of Operations for two entrepreneurial firms and also worked in healthcare as a Physician Development Coach for 10 years.
Lisa developed a patented Lean Manufacturing Training System deployed nationally in 2003 and used to train thousands of manufacturing professionals. Lisa is a longstanding member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, a former Adjunct Professor at Southern Maine Community College teaching Lean Manufacturing, and a community member for the Internal Review Boards at Central Maine Healthcare and Maine Medical Center Research Institute.
Testimonials about Lisa:
- “Lisa asked direct, probing questions. She used subtle humor to quickly help us understand the many underlying problems requiring intervention. Lisa began that day to provide the inspiration and motivation needed to undertake the journey and transformation to lean systems thinking.”
- “Working closely with Lisa Westberg our lean team re-learned the scientific method. We defined health care value for our patients and identified the efforts required to achieve and sustain the desired change. Lisa taught the team to rely on one another and to hold one another accountable to coordinate a system of care that demonstrates best practice.”
- “I believe that Lisa Westberg provides the passion and compassion to lead a healthcare team to achieve best practice.”
- “You and your team have helped our managers and staff to understand Lean principles and Lean thinking in a way that has enabled them to add value to their work and the patient care experience. Some have told me they are using the tools in their departments and even at home!”
- “Your contributions exceed those of any consultant with whom I’ve worked over the years. In fact, I’ve described you to my senior management colleagues as an additional contracted member of senior management.”