Steve Musica leads business and healthcare improvement projects for Lean East. He is well regarded for his team leadership and has facilitated performance improvement projects both large and small for organizations including regional hospitals, scientific and academic institutions, and manufacturers. Steve is a certified Lean Six-Sigma black belt with extensive experience in Toyota Production System (TPS) methods. He learned Lean with some of the best organizations in the world and now uses his knowledge and experience to help others transform their teams.
Steve has previous management and operational experience as President, CEO, COO, and VP of Operations for medical and technology companies. He has led multi-million dollar projects, raised and managed public and private investments, and worked in areas of manufacturing, operations, engineering, large industry and energy for Fortune 500 companies and start-ups. Steve has over sixteen years of experience coaching organizational best practices that increase customer satisfaction and profitability. With a passion for achievement that includes hiking the high peaks of New England in all seasons, Steve has a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Maine with high distinction and high honors and a Masters in Engineering Management degree in a collaborative program with the Thayer School of Engineering and Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
Testimonials about Steve:
- “Steve has facilitated performance improvement teams for departments including Surgical Services, Diagnostic Imaging and the Pharmacy. He has helped us identify wastes and cut costs. He is a teacher and coach that uses a proven process for his projects and stresses that good things will happen when you put the patient first. We have asked Steve to support our performance improvement efforts and Triple Aim initiatives in the coming months. I highly recommend Lean Healthcare East and Steve for healthcare improvement.”
- “Steve can work equally well with top management and workers on the floor.”
- “Steve has a good nose for opportunity, is execution focused, and strikes a good balance of thoroughness and moving quickly.”
- “I have been here for two years but didn’t know until now how this process works.”
- “I was particularly impressed with Steve’s ability to quickly understand the context of each team’s problem area, help them drill down to specific improvement projects, and provide guidance to each team as they progressed through their unique improvement journey.”
- “Steve assisted in the curriculum and certification testing for the Dartmouth Lean Six Sigma Program to get the program started.”
- “Steve is known as a leader who will take the time to make sure that the right questions are asked, that problems are pursued to root cause, and that each individual on the team has the right training, tools, and information to be as productive as possible.”