Lean improvement methods have great potential in the financial services industry and have been used by top organizations. Lean East supports:
- Standardizing core operational processes and helping teams identify and eliminate the wasted steps
- Technology integration: removing the waste from processes before implementing new technologies
- Hiring millennials and adopting them into a culture of continuous improvement
- Simplifying regulatory compliance processes
- Streamlining processes (maximizing speed and flexibility) to support growth
“At Direct Federal we’ve structured our entire continuous improvement strategy around Lean. Specifically, our CI strategy is to “view all work from our members’ point of view in order to continually add value and eliminate waste.” This year we’ll tackle five major value streams, and employees have already generated 120 additional ideas for improvement. Even though we’re only in our first year of our Lean journey, it has already begun taking root in our culture and material improvements are evident. As we continue to try new things and learn more, I believe the potential of Lean at Direct Federal is unlimited.” – Joe Walsh, President and CEO, Direct Federal
The top reasons banks and financial service companies hire Lean East:
- Experience: We have led numerous projects and entire transformations in related industries and are experienced and proven experts in Lean Six Sigma and process improvement methodologies. We provide training and coaching in the use of these powerful tools for improvement and will look at your issues with a fresh set of eyes, sharing best practices across industries and functions.
- Project methodology: Lean East uses a results-driven project plan to establish clear directions and actions that focus the team on achieving credible goals. As impartial facilitators, we are positioned to cut through political barriers and ignore the “sacred cows.” In fact, we are often asked to manage team meetings to ensure staff efficiency and a focus on results.
- Share the workload: Lean East will devote full attention to your project for quicker, more certain results. We also support data collection and analysis for cost improvement tracking.
- Implement results: Many business consultants write a report telling you what you are doing wrong and then leave. Lean East will instead work with you and your team to identify solutions that address root causes, and then roll up our sleeves to prove that those actions result in real savings. We strive for a 10X ROI on all our projects and stand behind our work.