Lean East is a strong partner and facilitator for state government agencies who wish to learn and apply Lean thinking and tools.
Several ways we support our government partners:
- Working with departments to standardize core operational processes and identify and eliminate wasted steps
- Helping teams and departments identify and track their key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Technology integration: removing the waste from processes and supporting the implementation of new technologies
- Training and coaching: topics include lean, creating a culture of continuous improvement, and developing and growing successful leaders
- Continuous Improvement Project Coaching sessions for small teams looking to keep a program or project on track
- Streamlining processes to improve effectiveness and lower costs
Lean East would be happy to partner with you to qualify for grants that will pay for our training and coaching services. Our team includes US military veterans, and we can also work with you to qualify for GSA veteran benefits.
“We chose the lean six sigma experts at Lean East to engage our employees in improving the operational processes that support our MaineCare providers and members, resulting in more streamlined and efficient work processes. Lean East also provided a lean approach to helping us implement our strategic plan for organizational excellence, focusing on creating a more satisfied and effective workforce.”
– Chief Operating Officer, Office of MaineCare Services, State of Maine Department of Health and Human Services
The top reasons government agencies hire Lean East:
- Experience: We have led numerous projects and transformations for Maine and New Hampshire government departments and are experienced and proven experts in Lean Six Sigma and process improvement methodologies. We will look at your issues with a fresh set of eyes, sharing best practices from our experience that comes from across a variety of industries and functions.
- Project methodology: Lean East uses a results-driven project plan to establish clear directions and actions that focus the team on achieving credible goals. As impartial facilitators, we are positioned to cut through political barriers and ignore the “sacred cows.” In fact, we are often asked to manage team meetings to ensure staff efficiency and a focus on results.
- Share the workload: Lean East will devote full attention to your project for quicker, more certain results. We work with busy teams, creating a project plan that balances timely project execution with other concurrent department tasks that require bandwidth. We support data collection and analysis tasks for busy teams looking for extra help.
- Implement results: Many business consultants write a report telling you what you are doing wrong and then leave. Lean East will instead work with you and your team to identify solutions that address root causes, and then roll up our sleeves to prove that those actions result in real savings. We strive for a 10X ROI on all our projects and stand behind our work.
If you would like assistance in providing Lean thinking principles to your agency, please give us a call at (207) 751-3215 or email us.
View our other Process Improvement Services or obtain help with Project Management.