Lean East is a strong partner and facilitator for government agencies who wish to learn and apply Lean thinking and tools. Several ways we commonly engage with state and federal partners are:
- Standardizing core operational processes and helping teams identify and eliminate the wasted steps
- Helping teams and departments identify and track their key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Continuous Improvement Project Coaching sessions resulting in successful project outcomes and new improvement leaders
- Technology integration: removing the waste from processes and supporting the implementation of new technologies
- Training and coaching leadership to create a culture of continuous improvement
- Streamlining processes to improve effectiveness and lower costs
Lean East would be happy to partner with you to qualify for grants that will pay for our training and coaching services. Our team includes US military veterans, and we can also work with you to qualify for GSA veteran benefits.
“We chose the lean six sigma experts at Lean East to engage our employees in improving the operational processes that support our MaineCare providers and members, resulting in more streamlined and efficient work processes. Lean East also provided a lean approach to helping us implement our strategic plan for organizational excellence, focusing on creating a more satisfied and effective workforce.”
– Chief Operating Officer, Office of MaineCare Services, State of Maine Department of Health and Human Services
The top reasons government agencies hire Lean East:
- Experience: We have led numerous projects and transformations for government departments in several states and are experienced and proven experts in Lean Six Sigma and process improvement methodologies. We provide training and coaching in the use of these powerful tools for improvement and will look at your issues with a fresh set of eyes, sharing best practices across industries and functions.
- Project methodology: Lean East uses a results-driven project plan to establish clear directions and actions that focus the team on achieving credible goals. As impartial facilitators, we are positioned to cut through political barriers and ignore the “sacred cows.” In fact, we are often asked to manage team meetings to ensure staff efficiency and a focus on results.
- Share the workload: Lean East will devote full attention to your project for quicker, more certain results. We also support data collection and analysis for cost improvement tracking.
- Implement results: Many business consultants write a report telling you what you are doing wrong and then leave. Lean East will instead work with you and your team to identify solutions that address root causes, and then roll up our sleeves to prove that those actions result in real savings. We strive for a 10X ROI on all our projects and stand behind our work.