The Lean East team has a long history of success applying Lean thinking and Six Sigma methods for the manufacturing industry. We have worked at various leadership levels in both process-intensive and product-intensive companies, including organizations that have been recognized as top Lean performers. We know how to implement change and obtain results. Our experiences include:
- Standardizing core operational processes to identify and eliminate process waste and grow sales by >70% with a 10% growth in labor
- Lean thinking applied to the product design and development process, including design for manufacturing, leading to quality improvement and a 60% reduction in labor time
- Process capability improvements resulting in 33% improvement in final product quality
- Medical device development and manufacturing experience, including experience with ISO:9001, ISO:13485, and FDA audit requirements
- Point-of-use inventory conversion to reduce inventory levels and inventory overhead
- Process improvement to reduce product lead times from 4-8 weeks to 1-2 days
- Implementing a new scheduling system to improve on-time delivery to the customer from 70% to 95%
Contact us about your training, coaching or consulting needs or register to attend a Lean East training session.
The top reasons to hire Lean East:
- Experience: We are experienced and proven experts in Lean Six Sigma and process improvement methodologies with each member of the team having over a decade of improvement experience. We provide training and coaching in the use of these powerful tools for improvement and will look at your issues with a fresh set of eyes, sharing best practices across industries and functions.
- Project methodology: Lean East uses a results-driven project plan to establish clear directions and actions that focus the team on achieving credible goals. As impartial facilitators, we are positioned to cut through political barriers and ignore the “sacred cows.” In fact, we are often asked to manage team meetings to ensure staff efficiency and a focus on results.
- Share the workload: Lean East will devote full attention to your project for quicker, more certain results. We also support data collection and analysis for cost improvement tracking.
- Implement results: Many business consultants write a report telling you what you are doing wrong and then leave. Lean East will instead work with you and your team to identify solutions that address root causes, and then roll up our sleeves to prove that those actions result in real savings. We strive for a 10X ROI on all our projects and stand behind our work.
If you are a manufacturer in Maine or New England in need of support, please give us a call at (207)-751-3215 or email us today.
View our other Process Improvement Services or obtain help with Project Management.